Effective Questioning and Talking

Effective Questioning and Talking

 This reading has many different ways in which we can incorporate questioning into our classroom programmes to encourage higher-level thinking. It ranges in ideas and theories from different practitioners and research surrounding effective questioning. This reading made me think about the use of questioning and how we talk with our students and how that questioning and students talking amongst themselves fosters deeper learning and models good examples of questioning the world around us.
The following examples have challenged me to make changes in how I see the questioning I am using and the quality of questions - Are the students being given the right cues that lead into the deeper critical thinking? How can I encourage more collaborative thinking amongst students? In what ways are the students engaged and interested in the views of their peers.

Comments