Professional Learning - 2018

PLD Meeting - Day 1 Term 3


Our first PLD session this term, consisted of P.E and eLearning. 2018


First, we were shown how to play Poi Toa, by Dan in the gym. Dan specified the importance of using the correct terminology. It was also interesting to hear how the game could be adapted or modified depending on the kids. I think my kids would enjoy this game, although it would be good to have access to poi (I have spoken to Dan about making some more so hopefully this will happen soon).




Chanel then took us through a CrossFit circuit. Our focus this term is on developing fitness so that the kdis are fitter for the cross country towards the end of the term. It was good to see how she had set the circuit up, as well as modeling the correct technique. She also talked about ensuring that we use the correct terminology with kids - call the muscles by the scientific names.


I have had a few sessions with my class already, and they seem to really enjoy the CrossFit circuit. I need to make sure that I get around everyone (take some photos!!) and check they are doing each exercise correctly.


I took the second half of the meeting and it was focused on using Garageband to create backing tracks for our movies. This way we don't need to worry about using copyrighted music when we make our assembly videos. I enjoy using Garageband and was able to share how to get music from Garageband to iMovie.



Comments